Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's Been A Long Time....

....since my last blog. We finished up Little Hands for His Glory and are now using Beyond Little Hands For His Glory or at least a greatly modified version of BLHFHG. I really like the history portion of BLHFHG. I am adding History Pockets: Plymouth Colony. The kids really like History Pockets. For spelling, both Joshua and Logan are doing Apples & Pears level 1. So far it is going very well. They are both doing Math-U-See Alpha and Artistic Pursuits. Joshua is doing Reading Made Easy and I love, love, love that reading method! He is also doing Singapore Math 1, finishing up the last 2 books in the R&S ABC series, Building Thinking Skills and the Emerging Reader series from HOD. Logan is doing MCP Plaid Phonics, R&S reading and grammar and Cheerful Cursive. We are trying to do RS4k Pre-level 1 Chemistry, but are having hard time finding the time.

I tried doing PreK 4 with Luke, but he wants to do so much more than I had planned and won't let me stop when we are done. I have had to stop and try and figure out what I can do to try to keep him on a schedule. I have ordered ETC Primer series and have merged parts of Little Hands to Heaven with the ETC Primers. Hopefully the primers will arrive in the next couple of days and we can start again.

No comments: